Selbstbau - Pläne - marktsack.de

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• benjasilva schrieb:

Wird jemand Pläne für diesen mazedonischen Dudelsack haben, die er teilen möchte?

Will someone have plans of this Macedonian bagpipe to share?

Thank you.

Hi there.

hotpipes.com/pipe0003.html

A macedonian gaida is in fact the same instrument as the kaba gaida - only in a higher pitch. For an instrumente similar to this in description, you can use the chanter from the Dreibrümmchen plan in F.
      Put the second thumbhole forward and delete the major third hole ( an "a" in that case) and the double holes out of your mind.
      For the bass drone use the measurements of the Eb bass drone and make a a middle part with the same measurements. The inner bore for all drone parts should have around 7,0mm. Forget the insert brass fitting and make the tuning slides with a diameter 14,0-16,0mm. Use the measurements from the baritone drone reed with a 6,0mm inner bore.

I believe that could be suitable for this type of instrument.
    • *Gelöscht
      Dateien

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 19 mal editiert, zuletzt von Schelmenkopf ()

• *Gelöscht

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

06.02.23:

Für die Musette in D habe ich die Maße der Grifflöcher der unteren Hand korrigiert, da diese bei einem Rohling ca. einen Halbton zu hoch waren. Das Fußstück muss nicht korrigiert werden,
      da die Töne stimmen. Da A-Griffloch muss vielleicht noch schräg nach oben gebohrt werden bzw. etwas vergößert, da es bei dem Versuch ein Bb erzeugte.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Der Plan für die Musette in D/G ist für A=440 Hz ausgelegt, dementsprechend wäre es also bei A=392Hz ein Instrument in E/A.

Es gab zu Zeiten des Barocks mehrere Kammertöne, für historische Instrumente sind die 415Hz verbreitet, die 392Hz wurden zu der Zeit in Frankreich als Kammerton verwendet.

Die historische Musette in G ist dementsprechend bereits auf 392Hz ausgelget.

Das bedeutet das folgende Stimmungen für die Musette de Cour verwendet wurden:

440 G/C / 392 A/D
      440 F/Bb / 392 G/C
      440 Eb/Ab / 392 F/Bb
      440 D/G / 392 E/A

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

14.02.23:

Es wurde noch der Plan für eine Musette in F (A=392Hz, im Plan sind aber alle Bezeichnungen in A=440Hz und daher in Eb/Ab) ergänzt - Doppelboitier und Petite Chalumeau können aus dem D/G Plan übernommen werden.

12.02.24:

Im Zuge der Erstellung der .stl Dateien wurde die Boha in C überarbeitet und die Änderungen in den Plan übernommen.
      Dateien

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 27 mal editiert, zuletzt von Schelmenkopf ()

• Hi Benjasilva,
      I have measured this set some 40yrs. ago in 1978. I trust not a lot will have changed since then. The 'flea-hole' under the left index finger had a short piece of ball pen refill inserted protruding quite far across the bore allmost ending in the thumbhole. I made and sold a working copy in boxwood and cowhorn using these plans (key beeing Bb/Eb I seem to remember). The making involved a lot of tedious handwork like filing and planing. If you get a chance much better to buy one as they will probably sell for very little money down there.
      Please excuse the bad quality of the drawing.
      Good luck - Jo
      Bilder
      • chanter+chanterstock.jpg

101,79 kB, 734×1.000, 221 mal angesehen
      • drone+blowpipe.jpg

86,97 kB, 734×1.000, 201 mal angesehen
      • Foto.jpg

590,77 kB, 1.596×2.073, 165 mal angesehen
    • I don't have find plans for double-bored chanters from hungary, croatia or slovakia but yesterday I posted a link where plans from historical instruments from france.
      The french boha is very similar to this kind of bagpipes. With the revival the sound get more smooth and mellow, more like the swedish säckpipa, but the old instruments
      have a shrill and bright sound similar to slovakia or hungary.

museedelaboha.fr/Instruments/plans.html

Some long time ago, I have seen some pictures from a pipemaker and I believe to remember that a boha chanter in sol (G) had a length around 175mm. So I put out the instruments which could be suitable
      keynotes that you prefer. As you can see, there just 5 fingerholes on the melody pipe - you have to add a flea hole toward to the thumb hole. Insert a brass tube with 2mm inner diameter to the depth around
      2/3 of the inner bore or carve a pyramide like the hungarians do. This allows you to play semitones. When you add a second 7-fingerhole on the melodypipes (7 holes when you add a fleahole) and lentghen the
      chanter a bit, then you get also an extra note, which allows you to play a 9-note mixolydian scale like the great highland bagpipes.

You also can use the Boha chanter in F upwards I uploaded some time ago. For the measurements of the footjoint and the reeds you have to look on the other plans on this site.
      Reeds can also find under: bohaires.fr/la-boha/les-anches/

museedelaboha.fr/Plans/BdG-2015-2-BLANCHARD-2.html A

museedelaboha.fr/Plans/BdG-2011-1-BENQUET.html A

museedelaboha.fr/Plans/BdG-2014-2-BELLEGARDE.html F

museedelaboha.fr/Plans/BdG-2013-2-ST-MARTIN-CHALOSSE.html F

For the F set you can use the rest of these instruments

imit.org.pl/uploads/materials/…Dudy%20%C5%BCywieckie.pdf

imit.org.pl/uploads/materials/…o%C5%82%20%C5%9Alubny.pdf

For the A set you need a shorter drone:

baghet.it/strumentobaghet.html

Use the length measurements of the bass drone and with the brass bell it should be suitable - or use 3x 250mm for all three pieces.
    • Thanks Schelmenkopf, for answering my questions. good starting point to get a Slovak set, I will have to experiment to reach the tuning and characteristic timbre.

I have another question:
      the characteristic Slovak bell consisting of a tube bent in "U" attached to the end of the chanter and drone ending in a resonator funnel ................. the length of this "U" , behaves as an elongation of the vibrating length of the wave, that is, the length of this changes the tuning of the chanter and drone, if so, how to estimate a suitable measure.

Thank you
    • benjasilva schrieb:

Thanks Schelmenkopf, for answering my questions. good starting point to get a Slovak set, I will have to experiment to reach the tuning and characteristic timbre.

I have another question:
      the characteristic Slovak bell consisting of a tube bent in "U" attached to the end of the chanter and drone ending in a resonator funnel ................. the length of this "U" , behaves as an elongation of the vibrating length of the wave, that is, the length of this changes the tuning of the chanter and drone, if so, how to estimate a suitable measure.

Thank you

When I made the plan marktsack.de/community/index.p…marktsackpfeife-2020-pdf/ I`ve found out (or more I believe it) that the wave length ends in the bell around the 3x-4x diameter
      of the main bore, so for example with an 8,0mm drone bore the wave ends in the bell on a diameter of 24-32mm which can easily compensate by the drone slide.

For the total length of u-tube + the swinging wave part in the bell I think you should use the 2x length of a contra-foot-joint. I use for the Boha-plan in F 70mm for the footjoint. Then you should use

2x 70mm = 140mm - 32mm (maximum in the bell) = 108mm. As you can see in this picture, the straight and the bend tube part are nearly the same length, so there 54mm for the straight part and the
      bending part should have a radius around 34,0mm (= 108mm: π) between the centers of the tube.

Make the straight part out of a brass tube with 1,5-2,0mm thickness and make a 0,5mm half-landing to add another brass tube which is free to move and drill a long hole in both parts that you get a
      tunable bottom note.

For the reeds you should use the same method as in the video of Tibor Ehlers, make them out of brass tubes and close them with tin. Here is an example of an hungarian chanter (scaled photograph)
      with reeds. And as you can see, the inner bore of the melody-pipe reed should be bigger than that of the drone pipes

researchgate.net/figure/Close-…ies-rather_fig3_260325452
    • Thanks Schelmenkopf, I will apply what has been explained.
      I observed some images of Slovak chanter and the tubes in "U" have holes, I think to tune the chanter and drone in their note, in replacement of the elongated hole of the traditional Hungarian footjoint ......?
      Regards.
      Bilder
      • Captura.JPG

24,1 kB, 338×388, 130 mal angesehen
      • Captura2.JPG

10,56 kB, 191×205, 2.119 mal angesehen
      • Captura3.JPG

28,62 kB, 392×518, 139 mal angesehen
      • Captura4.JPG

25,88 kB, 375×346, 128 mal angesehen
      • Captura6.JPG

21,95 kB, 357×712, 120 mal angesehen
      • Captura8.JPG

31,15 kB, 688×426, 166 mal angesehen
    • benjasilva schrieb:

Thanks Schelmenkopf, I will apply what has been explained.
      I observed some images of Slovak chanter and the tubes in "U" have holes, I think to tune the chanter and drone in their note, in replacement of the elongated hole of the traditional Hungarian footjoint ......?
      Regards.

Yes, the should be equivalent to the elongated hole. On pitcure 4 you can see another important thing : the melody pipe is closed.
    • Hi Schelmenkopf, I'm thinking of the drone, the "U" tube here is considered as an extension of the vibrating wavelength, so I should shorten the length of the original drone to compensate .....?
      And regarding the chanter and drone bells, funnel volume and exit hole diameter, do they respond to a physical calculation as well? or impiric tests.

sorry for so much question Schelmenkopf, I am passionate about this instrument and how it works, it's a whole world.
      Regards.
    • You don't have to shorten the drone you could also use a higher pitch drone like the bass from a great hihgland bagpipes or a galician gaita in bflat (plans you could find under marktsack.de/community/index.p…tt-und-konischer-bohrung/) but yes, the physical wave length includes the u tube.

But I think i have to correct myself: You should not use a drone of these bagpipes - use a short drone in length of a fifth. So for example fo the set in A you should the measurements for a scottish smallpipes
      bass drone in A (which has a physical length of an E3 = 522mm) because it gives you a brighter sound and it is more possible to proportions on your photos. For an F set use the measurements of C3 = 655mm.

mccallumbagpipes.com/pdfdocume…allpipebrochure2015-1.pdf

You can shorten the top by the length of the mid section slide, that should be suitable.

From the pictures i would say, the chanter bell could have a max. inner diameter from 55-60mm and the drone bell around 80mm. The exit hole diameter on both looks around 16mm.
    • hello Schelmenkopf.
      I have a new question, I have been reading a conversation on a facebook forum about how the dimensions of the stock of drones and chanter, specifically its inner diameter and length, interfere with the stability of the reed and the quality of the final sound of the instrument. things like how much inside or outside the bag is the reed, what air flow enters the stock according to the diameter of its perforation, etc.
      that you should consider when designing a stock, there is a rule or calculation that approximates the most satisfactory measurements.
      for example I have noticed that the Balkan bagpipes stock are much longer than other types or families of bagpipes.

Thank you
      regards.
    • benjasilva schrieb:

hello Schelmenkopf.
      I have a new question, I have been reading a conversation on a facebook forum about how the dimensions of the stock of drones and chanter, specifically its inner diameter and length, interfere with the stability of the reed and the quality of the final sound of the instrument. things like how much inside or outside the bag is the reed, what air flow enters the stock according to the diameter of its perforation, etc.
      that you should consider when designing a stock, there is a rule or calculation that approximates the most satisfactory measurements.
      for example I have noticed that the Balkan bagpipes stock are much longer than other types or families of bagpipes.

Thank you
      regards.

I can't really help you on this point.

Most bagpipes have a inner diameter for the chanter stock between 16-20mm (with one bore). On single reed bagpipes there two variations,
      first the reed is sitting on the end of the chanter (säckpipa, tulum, etc.) and the second have a deep reed seat to insert it (czech dudy, djura/kaba gaida, etc.).
      The second one tighten the bore and think it should give a more overtone ricch sound. Another point is the material of the chanter stock/-bore.
      Some years ago, I have made an uilleann pipes halfset and used different materials for the reed chamber. Brass gives a much brighter, orchestral sound than wood.
      Horns used as a chanter stock, should give a brighter, sharper sound because from the hardness of the material and the conical/tightening of the inner diameter.
    • Hej Schemenkopf,
      klar, kann man machen, gibt's sogar hin und wieder. Auch ein Doppelloch auf dem kleinen Finger ist hin und wieder anzutreffen. Nachteil ist, das bei den meisten Konstruktionen (selbst mit synthetischen Reeds) der nachstimmaufwand in der Unterhand zumindest vorhanden ist, und durch die Doppellöcher eben vergrößert wird. Alternativ zu deinem Vorshlag könnte man auch über eine Klappe für das Eb nachdenken, als Ringklappe für den kleinen Finger. Wenn man diese anpeilt und sich ein cleveres Design ausdenkt ließe sich diese evtl. auch für den Tritonus (sprich für's G#) verwenden.
      Soweit dazu.
      Kurze anmerkung, in deinem Plan ist die Versetzung der Löcher beim untern Doppelloch falsch herum...

Liebe Grüße,
      Mattis