Musette de cour

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Besten Dank für den Hinweis. Da ich kein FB-Mitglied bin und auch nie eines sein werde, muss ich mich weiter umschauen. Olle Geris hat - wie ich gerade sehe - die Werkstatt voin Remy Dubois (seit 2009 im Ruhestand) übernommen.

Dudelsackbauer gibt es wohl reichlich - aber Hersteller von Musette de cour? Tja, das hat mann nun davon mit seinem ausgefallenen Geschmack ... :seufzschild:
    • Bart van Troyen

Email von Bart vom August:

Hi there,

Here is some more information about my musettes. I was the apprentice of Remy Dubois (who was/is the first luthier to make working facsimiles of musettes since the end of the 18th C) for 5 years. Since 2019 I work in my own workshop, the Bourdonnerie.

Musettes are made in FSC blackwood bought from Sound and Fair, a very cool community-based project in Tanzania. They have stunning timber, and I think it is the most responsible way to work with tropical hardwoods these days. Until I find a more local alternative, that is. Mounts and slides are in Belgian boxwood, 12 keys in Argentium silver (a sterling silver alloy with a bit of germanium, which has good workability and is tarnish-resistant). The chanters (grand chalumeau and petit chalumeau) are copies after Nicholas Chédeville, the drones are the standard 18th-century model: Basse (G/C), Taille (G), Haute Contre (C/D), Dessus (G) and possibly Tierce (E) if you want that last one. Reeds are made from cane or spruce, which I think is a bit more stable. Bellows are included as well, as I only work with the bellows made by Remy's son Erik. Mine are over 20 years old and still airtight, they even survived a night hanging from the steering wheel of my bike after a concert in pooring rain. Modern copies of historic bellows are very pretty but require a complete make-over after two or three years, in my experience.

Please find a picture attached of the chanters i'm working on this spring, all in different pitches.

Price is EUR8500, I do not ask for a deposit, but nothing leaves the workshop until it's fully paid for. Waiting periods are up to three years now, but some people had to cancel or postpone their orders, so things might get mixed up a bit. As I am also a bagpipe/musette teacher (i have a master's degree in music and chamber music), and if you want to, you can spend a few hours here while you try your instrument and I'll teach you the basics.

Now, the most important bit: what pitches and models are available?

Here's the list.

Musette in G/C

A=392, 400 or 415

Commonly used model, many orchestras here play in 392 or 400, 415 is fine if you have a specific goal for it, or your own chamber music ensemble.

Musette du ton grave in F/Bb

Same pitches

A tone lower, about 25% of the historic musettes recovered were made in F. I know nobody who plays one on a regular basis, but as it usually is the case, a slightly larger instrument is fun to toy around with.

Musette d'amore in E/A

A=392 or 400 (415 is the same as the musette du ton grave in 392) (complicated, I know)

A bit lower, very round and mellow sound, used in 'Hippolyte and Aricie' by Rameau. A good instrument to have if you want to play solo and your harpsichord player likes to transpose.

Musette piccolo in A/D

A tone higher than the most common musette. Very tiny, and a bit squeaky, not easy to play if you have normal or large hands. Please don't pick this one if you have neighbors who are not deaf.

Please let me know what model and pitch you want, and I'll put your name on the list. Please note that chanters can not function with drones in another tonality. A 415 G/C chanter needs 415 G/C drones, 392 drones will not work, the tuning range is limited.

Once I'll start predrilling your chanter, I'll get in touch to verify pitch and model.

I hope this answers more questions than it raises, if it doesn't, please ask what you want to know!

Thanks for the interest, have a nice evening,

All the best,

/b

(ps: you can, of course, share this information with anyone you like)
      PDH - Preiset das Hümmelchen
      You know, Internet is a dangerous thing with all that sheet music out there...
    • Merci für die Nachricht von Bart.

Drei Jahre Wartezeit und dann noch 8.500 Euronen hinblättern - ersteres könnte ich gerade noch stemmen, aber nicht diesen Preis, wie gerechtfertigt er auch sein möchte.

Wie heißt es so treffend: Mann muss Träume begraben, damit sie ewig leben.